STUDENT USE OF VEHICLES
IF YOU PLAN TO DRIVE ANY MOTOR VEHICLE TO SCHOOL, YOU MUST:
- Register your vehicle with the school office.
- Park in student (non-staff) parking areas.
- Not transport other students while school is in session.
- Keep parking tag visible in vehicle at all times.
- Follow the speed limit of 10 miles per hour on school property.
- Follow school, local, and state traffic laws when operating your vehicle on school premises.
- As a condition of parking on district property, district officials may conduct searches of vehicles upon reasonable suspicion of a policy, rule, and/or procedure.
- Violations of driving or parking regulations will result in the loss of parking privileges, possible fines, tickets, and/or towing of your vehicle at your own expense.
- Anyone driving a vehicle on school grounds after losing driving privileges will be turned over to the local police and be subject to school disciplinary measures.
- The school will request the local police department to issue citations to violators of traffic laws on school premises.
- Please remember: these rules are designed and implemented with one primary objective in mind—the safety and protections of the students of the Philomath School District.