We provide services to students, parents, school staff and the community through:
- Counseling and Guidance Curriculum prepare and make appropriate decisions for career and life development.
- Individual Planning including opportunities for career technical skills acquisition, college selection, financial aid, interest surveys, course selection, career exploration and portfolios.
- Responsive Services: including individual counseling, consultation with parents, teachers or other professionals and referral to other school support services or community resources as needed.
As professional school counselors, we adhere to standards of practice that support your:
- Right to respect and dignity as a unique human being;
- Access to guidance and counseling program without prejudice or discrimination as to person, character, belief or practice;
- Right to self-direction;
- Right to choice and responsibility for your decisions;
- Expectation of receiving guidance and counseling services that are within the accepted scope of practice relative to the training, education and professional credentials of counselors; and
- Right to privacy and to our compliance to laws, policies and ethical standards relative to confidentiality.
We recognize and abide by the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
We will guard privacy as much as is permitted by law, ethics, and school rules. Exceptions to confidentiality include imminent danger to yourself or others. State law also mandates reporting child abuse. If we see a conversation moving in this direction we will let you know of our duty to report. Otherwise, what is said in our office between student and counselor stays between student and counselor.