Student Success Act
Philomath School District Community Input Session
The Student Success Act marks a turning point for education in Oregon. Our district has an important role to play. We need your input to help develop a plan to best meet the needs of our students and our community.
Your voice matters.
Please join the discussion at the Philomath High School on the evening of October 29, 2019. We want your help to plan for the new funding opportunity provided by the Student Investment Act, a portion of the Student Success Act recently approved by the legislature. The forum will begin at 6 p.m. with the intent to be completed prior to 8 p.m. Five different subcommittees of the SSA Committee will be located around the cafeteria to gather your input on the five key targets for the funding.
- Reduce academic disparities for underserved students
- Meeting students mental or behavioral health needs
- Providing equitable access to academic courses with a specific emphasis on underserved populations
- Allowing students and staff time to collaborate to develop strategies to support students to stay on track to graduate
- Establishing and strengthening partnerships
A portion of the meeting will be targeted at each one of the focus areas to gather your thoughts and ideas as to how we in the Philomath School District can best improve our performance, especially for our underserved population of students. We will conclude the meeting by setting the framework for our next steps as we make our way through this work. My hope is to see as many of you as can make it there to support and assist us in this work.